All ideas are welcome. Just because the Idea doesn't make it into the product immediately does not make it a bad idea.
For the auto generated Construct pages, bulk execution should be activated by default, if not, how are we going to validate the inserted/modified records? One by one? And when we use Excel integration?
Hi Victor - i have just created a Full and Partial Construction and in both scenarios the DataConstruction page was created with Excel Integration activated.
Thanks Tracey, I appreciate you post.
I've used that approach before, specially when the client wants to see a button in the screen but I would rather prefer to stick with the standard approach and make them aware of the bulk execution.
By using this SP (I have not tested yours, but what I remember when I used it in the pass);
1. You have to modify all the pages, adding this toolbar button.
2. This SP is not supported by Support, if they get used to use it, when we leave the project, it can be (unlikely) an issue.
3. When you use Excel Integration you cannot run the validation
4. If you run the validation in the background, it does not give you the error details
5. boaConstructComplete , as per my understanding, it should indicates that the record has been completed (all the info for all the columns) and it is used for the stats to show how far they are of collecting all data. For validations, use boaStatus.
We use a Stored Procedure executed by a Toolbar button. The Stored Procedure executes all Validation Rules registered for the Page and sets the boaStatus to 4 (Procedures Complete) and boaConstructComplete to 1 for all records that pass all validation rules.
Attaching copy of Stored Procedure
Definitely something I was already thinking about adding. I will bring it into the parking lot for prioritization.
You won't be notified about changes to this idea.